How to prepare • We provide each client with a towel, as well as one towel to sit on. • Some like to wear their bathing suits or undergarments when in the sauna, however most go in with just the towels we provide. • We have hampers provided in each room for your towels and robes when you are done with your session. • We recommend bringing loose, comfortable clothing to change into after your session.
Temperature • Infrared saunas heat the body, not the air. So the temperature inside the sauna is not to be confused with your body temperature or the quality of your sauna session. Please do not touch the screen or controls inside the sauna. The temperature is preset so you will receive the full amount of benefits. • We like it hot when it comes to our sauna sessions. But please follow your doctor's instructions if they recommend using a lower temperature.
What to do and not to do • We do not recommend the sauna for pregnant women. Ask your doctor about Detoxing while breast feeding. • Please no unsupervised children under the age of 12. • Please be mindful of others keeping noise level low in the Spa area. If you have chosen to Social Sweat, please keep conversations and music to a considerate volume. • Please no shoes in the sauna. • Please do not eat in the sauna rooms. • Please shut the glass doors gently and close tightly when exiting to keep the heat in. • Please refrain from wearing perfume and applying any oils or lotions to your skin prior to entering the sauna. • Please enjoy the Hydration Station by adding our Osmosis Harmonized Waters to your filtered alkaline water before entering the room. We recommend staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water before, during and after your sessions.
• We have a 24 hour Cancellation policy. You could be charged a fee or lose a session if you are a no show or do not call in advance. Also if you are going to be late, it could cut into your time in the sauna session if we have appointments booked after you.
INFRARED Q & A
What's the difference between a infrared sauna and a traditional dry sauna?
When you are sitting in a traditional sauna, you are sitting in a hot room; 180-220 degrees. In a Infrared Sauna only about 20% of the heat goes to heat the air and the other 80% directly heats your body. The warming effect on your body stimulates your cardiovascular system, your immune system and your lymphatic system. Your bodies response to that is to SWEAT.
As the infrared heat warms your body directly, you will start to sweat and you will sweat profusely. You will actually sweat more in an infrared sauna than in a traditional rock sauna. Studies show that sweat from a traditional sauna contains about 3-5% toxins where sweat from your far infrared sauna contains about 17-20% toxins.